Skip to content
No results
Screencap Media PHScreencap Media PH
  • News
    • Nation
    • Regions
    • Metro
  • World
  • Business & Finance
  • Opinion
  • Technology
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Special Reports
    • Advocacy
    • Features
    • Health & Wellness
Get Started

DATE
TIME
CITY Detecting...
WEATHER --
USD ₱-- EUR €-- JPY ¥-- BTC $--

Screencap Media PHScreencap Media PH
  • News
    • Nation
    • Metro
    • Regions
    • World
  • Business & Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Technology
    • Innovation
  • Breaking News
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
    • Culture
    • Health & Wellness
    • Travel
    • Motoring
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Receipts Don’t Lie
  • Special Reports
  • VIDEOS
Screencap Media PHScreencap Media PHScreencap Media PH

Two Policemen Relieved Over Sabungeros Case

  • Peter Fernandez
  • Nation
  • May 21, 2026
  • No Comments

Two police officers have been relieved from their posts amid allegations that they interfered in the ongoing investigation into the disappearance of several cockfighting enthusiasts, or sabungeros.

Relieved were Maj. Reynaldo Pañebe Jr., warden of the PNP Custodial Center, and 1Lt. Nadame Malang, spokesperson of the PNP Highway Patrol Group.

Pañebe was replaced by Col. Joemar Felina, while Malang was succeeded by Col. Chitadel Gaoiran.

Their relief was announced on Thursday, a day after three relatives of the missing sabungeros filed administrative complaints against them before the National Police Commission (NAPOLCOM).

The complainants alleged that the two police officers helped facilitate a recent meeting between them and police personnel accused of abducting the missing sabungeros. The accused policemen are currently detained inside Camp Crame.

Eleven detained police officers linked to the case were ordered dismissed by the NAPOLCOM last May after they were found guilty of grave misconduct and conduct unbecoming of a police officer. The administrative penalties are separate from the criminal charges they are facing in court.

Before the meeting, the complainants claimed they were approached by a lawyer allegedly from the camp of businessman Charlie “Atong” Ang. They further alleged that they were offered as much as P40,000 a month, supposedly in exchange for not cooperating in the ongoing case.

Courts in Laguna and Batangas have issued arrest warrants against Ang in connection with the disappearance of the sabungeros.

Interior Secretary Juanito Victor “Jonvic” Remulla earlier offered a P20-million reward for information leading to Ang’s arrest, describing him as the country’s most wanted fugitive.

Authorities said Ang was reportedly sighted by an informant in Calabarzon last month, but police operatives failed to catch him after arriving too late.

PNP spokesperson Brig. Gen. Randulf Tuaño said Pañebe and Malang were relieved as part of the ongoing investigation into the allegations against them.

“We are not saying the two are already guilty. But its relief is a matter of SOP, of our processes,” Tuaño said.

Tuaño said the PNP is also conducting a parallel investigation into the two officers. He added that their relief was necessary to ensure they would not influence the ongoing criminal and administrative probes being handled by their respective offices.

Facebook
X
LinkedIn
Reddit
PrevPreviousPalace Vows Justice in Drug War Case
NextValenzuela LGU Opens Annual Reading Camp ProgramNext

Leave a ReplyCancel Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

From Manila to Toronto, Iggy San Pablo Starts Over with ‘simple socks’

  • May Flores
  • April 27, 2026

Now based in Toronto, Iggy...

Nation

PNP-HPG Nets Five Wanted Persons in Nationwide Manhunt

  • Peter Fernandez
  • May 4, 2026

A series of coordinated intelligence-driven...

Nation

Senate Minority Urges Bato to Surrender, Rejects ‘Protective Custody’

  • Joseph Tan
  • May 12, 2026

Members of the Senate minority...

Nation

Lacson: Expect Pushback on Impeachment Court

  • Joseph Tan
  • May 6, 2026

The Senate leadership is anticipating...

Nation

PNP-HPG Intercepts Vehicle with Suspected Illegal Firearm in Iligan

  • Peter Fernandez
  • May 14, 2026

The Philippine National Police-Highway Patrol...

Metro

BI Arrests 6 Chinese Nationals in Pasay Anti-Fraud Operation

  • Carlo Suerte Felipe
  • May 10, 2026

The Bureau of Immigration (BI)...

Nation

DOH Monitors Hantavirus Threat, Says No PH Cases Recorded

  • Carlo Suerte Felipe
  • May 12, 2026

The Department of Health (DOH)...

Nation

SHS grads get priority hiring in Labor Day job fairs

  • Miguel Uy
  • May 1, 2026

Senior high school (SHS) graduates...

Follow us:

Facebook Instagram X-twitter Tiktok

ABOUT

In everyday life, taking a screencap is the fastest way to share stories, proof, and receipts with friends. It is a habit, a reflex, and now, our approach to journalism.

Quick links

  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • Advertising
  • Careers
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • Advertising
  • Careers

Contact

  • Submit a News Tip
  • Member Services
  • Advertise with Us
  • Community Network
  • Submit a News Tip
  • Member Services
  • Advertise with Us
  • Community Network

© 2026, SCREENCAP ® | All rights reserved.

  • Terms and Condition
  • Privacy Policy