Skip to content
No results
Screencap Media PHScreencap Media PH
  • News
    • Nation
    • Regions
    • Metro
  • World
  • Business & Finance
  • Opinion
  • Technology
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Special Reports
    • Advocacy
    • Features
    • Health & Wellness
Get Started

DATE
TIME
CITY Detecting...
WEATHER --
USD ₱-- EUR €-- JPY ¥-- BTC $--

Screencap Media PHScreencap Media PH
  • News
    • Nation
    • Metro
    • Regions
    • World
  • Business & Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Technology
    • Innovation
  • Breaking News
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
    • Culture
    • Health & Wellness
    • Travel
    • Motoring
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Receipts Don’t Lie
  • Special Reports
  • VIDEOS
Screencap Media PHScreencap Media PHScreencap Media PH

Army Clarifies Facts on Toboso Encounter, Rejects Misleading Claims

  • Peter Fernandez
  • Regions
  • May 17, 2026
  • No Comments

The Philippine Army has denied what it called misleading claims circulating online about the April 19 encounter in Toboso, Negros Occidental, which left 19 alleged Communist Terrorist Group (CTG) fighters dead.

In a statement, the Philippine Army said it recognized the sensitivity of the incident and respected the right of families and concerned groups to seek clarification. However, it stressed that any fact-finding effort must be based on “complete, verified and contextualized facts.”

The Philippine Army rejected the findings of a circulating “National Fact-Finding Mission” report, describing it as an attempt to discredit established facts from the ground.

According to the Army, operational records and evidence recovered from the encounter site showed that the individuals killed were not merely researchers or media workers, but were active combatants allegedly operating with Roger Fabillar, whom the military described as a known communist rebel leader facing multiple arrest warrants.

The Army specifically named RJ Ledesma, Kai Sorem, Alyssa Alano, Lyle Prijoles, Errol Wendel, and Maureen Santuyo as among those highlighted in the disputed report. It said the six were found either in the company of armed CTG members, inside an active encampment and fighting position, or among those who allegedly engaged government troops during the clash.

The military also cited statements from Toboso local officials, who earlier said the group did not coordinate with the municipal government despite allegedly presenting themselves as researchers and journalists.

The Army further pointed to Toboso Municipal Resolution No. 077-2026, which declared remnants of the Communist Party of the Philippines-New People’s Army-National Democratic Front (CPP-NPA-NDF) persona non grata. The resolution cited the group’s alleged involvement in violence, armed insurgency, loss of lives, property destruction, and disruption of local development efforts.

The Army maintained that the operation was conducted under the Law of Armed Conflict and established rules of engagement. It also said the legitimacy of the operation had been affirmed by local leaders, including Negros Occidental Governor Eugenio Jose Lacson.

“The Army could not have done that without information from the community,” Lacson said in a recent press conference, referring to the civilian-led intelligence that reportedly aided the operation.

The Philippine Army said it remains committed to securing communities from CTG remnants and ending the communist insurgency.

“While we stand ready to use necessary force to defend innocent civilians from any threat, we continue to call on CTG remnants to abandon their futile armed struggle and to choose the path of peace,” the Army said.

Facebook
X
LinkedIn
Reddit
PrevPreviousBloodied Jerusalem Loses WBC Crown as South African Rival Gets His Revenge
NextPNP Destroys P6.1-M Worth of Marijuana Crops in CordilleraNext

Leave a ReplyCancel Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Nation

PNP Says No Validated Threat of ‘Military-Backed People Power’ Movement

  • Peter Fernandez
  • April 28, 2026

The Philippine National Police (PNP)...

Regions

New OFW Lounge Opens at Zamboanga Airport with Free Amenities, Travel Assistance

  • Arwen Gutierrez
  • May 8, 2026

Overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) traveling...

Regions

Leyte Man Finds Pistol While Digging Backyard, Turns It Over to Police

  • Peter Fernandez
  • May 12, 2026

A resident of Baybay City,...

Regions

Mayon Ashfall Covers Area Half the Size of Quezon City — PhilSA

  • Mervin Reyes
  • May 6, 2026

Ashfall from Mayon Volcano has...

Nation

PH Calls for Stronger ASEAN Unity Amid Global Crises

  • Jade Reyes
  • May 7, 2026

The Philippines called on Southeast...

Nation

PAF Chief Warns Against Complacency, Urges Decisive Leadership Amid Drills

  • Peter Fernandez
  • April 29, 2026

Philippine Air Force (PAF) chief...

Nation

Army Upgrades 10ID Hospital, Opens New Emergency Room

  • Peter Fernandez
  • May 16, 2026

The 10th Infantry “Agila” Division...

Nation

House Seeks Probe Into Alleged PGMN Extortion Network

  • Esther Salem
  • May 13, 2026

A total of 41 lawmakers...

Follow us:

Facebook Instagram X-twitter Tiktok

ABOUT

In everyday life, taking a screencap is the fastest way to share stories, proof, and receipts with friends. It is a habit, a reflex, and now, our approach to journalism.

Quick links

  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • Advertising
  • Careers
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • Advertising
  • Careers

Contact

  • Submit a News Tip
  • Member Services
  • Advertise with Us
  • Community Network
  • Submit a News Tip
  • Member Services
  • Advertise with Us
  • Community Network

© 2026, SCREENCAP ® | All rights reserved.

  • Terms and Condition
  • Privacy Policy