Skip to content
No results
Screencap Media PHScreencap Media PH
  • News
    • Nation
    • Regions
    • Metro
  • World
  • Business & Finance
  • Opinion
  • Technology
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Special Reports
    • Advocacy
    • Features
    • Health & Wellness
Get Started

DATE
TIME
CITY Detecting...
WEATHER --
USD ₱-- EUR €-- JPY ¥-- BTC $--

Screencap Media PHScreencap Media PH
  • News
    • Nation
    • Metro
    • Regions
    • World
  • Business & Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Technology
    • Innovation
  • Breaking News
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
    • Culture
    • Health & Wellness
    • Travel
    • Motoring
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Receipts Don’t Lie
  • Special Reports
  • VIDEOS
Screencap Media PHScreencap Media PHScreencap Media PH

Aplasca Pressed to Turn Over Firearm in Senate Shooting Probe

  • Peter Fernandez
  • Nation
  • May 20, 2026
  • No Comments

The Philippine National Police (PNP) has urged suspended Senate Sergeant-at-Arms retired Maj. Gen. Mao Aplasca to surrender his firearm and comply with investigators as authorities continue probing the May 13 gun-related incident inside the Senate complex.

PNP chief Gen. Jose Melencio Nartatez Jr. said cooperation from all parties is necessary to establish the truth behind the incident and ensure transparency in the ongoing investigation.

“The Philippine National Police remains steadfast in its pursuit of the truth behind the Senate incident,” Nartatez said.

“We appeal to all parties involved, particularly General Aplasca, to demonstrate full transparency and cooperate with the ongoing legal processes,” he added.

Aplasca earlier failed to appear before the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) and also declined to surrender his firearm for ballistic examination.

The suspended Senate security chief previously admitted firing a warning shot during the incident, which is now under investigation by both the PNP and the Department of Justice (DOJ).

The Office of the Ombudsman has also placed Aplasca under six months preventive suspension pending the outcome of the probe.

Investigators said CCTV footage from the Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) building in Pasay City suggested Aplasca may have fired first after allegedly mistaking National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) personnel for agents attempting to arrest Senator Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa.

Ballistics examination conducted by authorities indicated that four firearms were used during the incident, with investigators recovering 44 fired shell casings from the scene.

Authorities identified three firearms allegedly used by Office of the Senate Sergeant-at-Arms personnel Charlie Dumlao Montilla and Joemil Salazar Ledesma, as well as NBI Senior Agent Darwin Nicomedes Francisco.

However, investigators said 23 spent shell casings believed to have come from a fourth firearm remain unmatched, making Aplasca’s firearm a key piece of evidence in reconstructing the sequence of events.

The refusal to surrender the weapon prompted the PNP chief to direct investigators to intensify follow-up actions, including renewed efforts to serve official summons and secure compliance.

“The voluntary surrender of all relevant evidence, including the firearm in question, is a crucial step in upholding the rule of law and ensuring that the public receives the honest answers they deserve,” Nartatez said.

He also stressed that no individual should place personal reservations above the integrity of the investigation.

“We urge General Aplasca to set aside personal hesitation and prioritize the integrity of this investigation, as no one is above the mandate of establishing the facts for the sake of our national security and peace,” he added.

Facebook
X
LinkedIn
Reddit
PrevPreviousSalaknib Forces Capture Target in Joint Air Assault Drill
NextAnti-Political Dynasty Bill Clears Key House VoteNext

Leave a ReplyCancel Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Regions

P12M in Smuggled Cigarettes Intercepted in Davao Oriental

  • Peter Fernandez
  • May 1, 2026

A pre-dawn operation in Governor...

Nation

Solon to Duterte: Answer Impeachment Charges, Stop Attacking Lawmakers

  • Esther Salem
  • May 8, 2026

Deputy Speaker Paolo Ortega V...

Regions

DA Files Raps Over P94-M Davao Farm-to-Market Projects

  • Alex Galang
  • May 21, 2026

Department of Agriculture (DA) Secretary...

Nation

AFP: China Shadowed Balikatan Drills but Avoided Hostile Actions

  • Peter Fernandez
  • May 12, 2026

The Armed Forces of the...

Nation

National Most Wanted with P250K Bounty, 56 Murder Counts Nabbed in Gensan

  • Peter Fernandez
  • April 25, 2026

MANILA, Philippines — A fugitive...

Metro

Volunteer Dies While Helping Fight Quezon City Fire

  • Mervin Reyes
  • May 14, 2026

A 52-year-old man died after...

Nation

PNP-HPG Intercepts Vehicle with Suspected Illegal Firearm in Iligan

  • Peter Fernandez
  • May 14, 2026

The Philippine National Police-Highway Patrol...

Nation

Sugar Industry Reforms Proposed Amid Over-Importation Issues

  • Joseph Tan
  • May 7, 2026

A lawmaker has filed a...

Follow us:

Facebook Instagram X-twitter Tiktok

ABOUT

In everyday life, taking a screencap is the fastest way to share stories, proof, and receipts with friends. It is a habit, a reflex, and now, our approach to journalism.

Quick links

  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • Advertising
  • Careers
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • Advertising
  • Careers

Contact

  • Submit a News Tip
  • Member Services
  • Advertise with Us
  • Community Network
  • Submit a News Tip
  • Member Services
  • Advertise with Us
  • Community Network

© 2026, SCREENCAP ® | All rights reserved.

  • Terms and Condition
  • Privacy Policy