Skip to content
No results
Screencap Media PHScreencap Media PH
  • News
    • Nation
    • Regions
    • Metro
  • World
  • Business & Finance
  • Opinion
  • Technology
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Special Reports
    • Advocacy
    • Features
    • Health & Wellness
Get Started

DATE
TIME
CITY Detecting...
WEATHER --
USD ₱-- EUR €-- JPY ¥-- BTC $--

Screencap Media PHScreencap Media PH
  • News
    • Nation
    • Metro
    • Regions
    • World
  • Business & Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Technology
    • Innovation
  • Breaking News
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
    • Culture
    • Health & Wellness
    • Travel
    • Motoring
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Receipts Don’t Lie
  • Special Reports
  • VIDEOS
Screencap Media PHScreencap Media PHScreencap Media PH

Marcos Vows to Sustain and Expand Anti-Flood Drive Nationwide

  • Jade Reyes
  • Nation
  • May 20, 2026
  • No Comments

President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. on Wednesday vowed to sustain and expand the government’s flood control campaign nationwide, assuring the public that efforts to address severe flooding will not be limited to Metro Manila.

The President made the statement during his inspection of the ongoing G. Araneta Drainage Improvement Project in Quezon City under the government’s “Oplan Kontra Baha” program.

Marcos said the administration is implementing flood mitigation measures in areas identified under Project NOAH, particularly in densely populated communities vulnerable to flooding.

“Hindi para sa Metro Manila lamang ang ginagawa natin,” Marcos said, noting that the capital region is currently being prioritized because of the large number of residents affected whenever flooding occurs.

The President said the government has already identified major sources of flooding and is now working on long-term solutions to prevent waterways and rivers from overflowing during heavy rains.

“These are the strategies we are employing. It will take a little time, but we’ve put in a good start,” he said.

Marcos also emphasized the importance of continuous dredging, drainage rehabilitation, and clearing operations to improve water flow and reduce flood risks in urban communities.

Public Works Secretary Vince Dizon, who joined the inspection, said the government is racing to complete as many flood control projects as possible before the rainy season intensifies.

The administration has also been under pressure to tighten oversight of flood control spending after President Marcos last year exposed alleged anomalies involving government flood mitigation projects.

During the inspection, Marcos assured residents that pipe-laying works along G. Araneta Avenue are expected to be completed next week, while the construction of a pumping station is targeted to begin later this year or early next year.

The nearly P500-million drainage improvement project stretches 758 meters from Kaliraya Street to E. Rodriguez Sr. Avenue and includes the installation of two 1.5-meter high-density polyethylene pipes to supplement the existing drainage system.

Funded under the 2024 General Appropriations Act, the project began in March 2025 and was already 96.75 percent complete as of May 18.

Meanwhile, the Department of Social Welfare and Development said it has prepositioned more than 176,000 family food packs worth over P114 million in the Davao Region to support communities affected by flooding in Davao City.

Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) Secretary Rex Gatchalian said the DSWD also has over P66.4 million worth of non-food relief items and more than P2.9 million in standby funds ready for deployment.

“The DSWD stands ready to provide the necessary augmentation support to the affected local government unit,” Gatchalian said.

As of Wednesday, data from the DSWD showed that flooding in Davao City had affected 387 families or 1,577 individuals across 12 barangays, with 347 families temporarily staying in 16 evacuation centers.

Facebook
X
LinkedIn
Reddit
PrevPreviousSenate Minority Rejects Links to May 13 Chaos
NextSalaknib Forces Capture Target in Joint Air Assault DrillNext

Leave a ReplyCancel Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Nation

NAPOLCOM Probes EDSA Busway Crash Involving Police Vehicle

  • Peter Fernandez
  • April 20, 2026

A separate investigation has been...

Nation

Marcos Pays Tribute to Moms

  • Jade Reyes
  • May 10, 2026

President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. on...

Nation

Tax Incentives Proposed to Boost Workplace Wellness Programs

  • Joseph Tan
  • April 30, 2026

A bill filed in the...

Nation

Angara Honors Gokongwei Brothers Foundation as DepEd Hero for STEM and Teacher Support

  • Miguel Uy
  • April 29, 2026

Department of Education (DepEd) Secretary...

Nation

NBI Rescues Six Minors, Nabs Australian for Human Trafficking

  • Carlo Suerte Felipe
  • May 5, 2026

Acting on information from the...

World

ASEAN A Golden Opportunity for Oil Crisis Solutions–Solon

  • Peter Fernandez
  • May 5, 2026

A lawmaker is urging the...

Regions

Bill Seeks ICT Hubs in Every Province

  • Esther Salem
  • May 21, 2026

A consolidated bill seeking to...

Nation

Palace Urges Senate to Keep Priority Bills Moving Despite Leadership Shakeup

  • Jade Reyes
  • May 12, 2026

Malacañang on Tuesday said the...

Follow us:

Facebook Instagram X-twitter Tiktok

ABOUT

In everyday life, taking a screencap is the fastest way to share stories, proof, and receipts with friends. It is a habit, a reflex, and now, our approach to journalism.

Quick links

  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • Advertising
  • Careers
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • Advertising
  • Careers

Contact

  • Submit a News Tip
  • Member Services
  • Advertise with Us
  • Community Network
  • Submit a News Tip
  • Member Services
  • Advertise with Us
  • Community Network

© 2026, SCREENCAP ® | All rights reserved.

  • Terms and Condition
  • Privacy Policy