Skip to content
No results
Screencap Media PHScreencap Media PH
  • News
    • Nation
    • Regions
    • Metro
  • World
  • Business & Finance
  • Opinion
  • Technology
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Special Reports
    • Advocacy
    • Features
    • Health & Wellness
Get Started

DATE
TIME
CITY Detecting...
WEATHER --
USD ₱-- EUR €-- JPY ¥-- BTC $--

Screencap Media PHScreencap Media PH
  • News
    • Nation
    • Metro
    • Regions
    • World
  • Business & Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Technology
    • Innovation
  • Breaking News
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
    • Culture
    • Health & Wellness
    • Travel
    • Motoring
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Receipts Don’t Lie
  • Special Reports
  • VIDEOS
Screencap Media PHScreencap Media PHScreencap Media PH

Marcos Inspects QC Flood Control Project

  • Jade Reyes
  • Nation
  • May 20, 2026
  • No Comments

President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. on Wednesday personally inspected the ongoing drainage improvement project along flood-prone G. Araneta Avenue in Quezon City as the government ramps up efforts to address flooding under its “Oplan Kontra Baha” program.

During the site visit, Marcos emphasized the need for continuous dredging, clearing, and rehabilitation of drainage systems to lessen flooding and improve safety for residents living in vulnerable communities.

“Historically, even moderate rainfall easily causes flooding here. During heavy rains, the water level can rise above a person’s height,” the President said.

Marcos identified the G. Araneta area as one of Metro Manila’s critical flood-prone zones being prioritized by the government, while stressing that similar flood mitigation projects are ongoing across the capital and other parts of the country.

The President said current pipe-laying works are expected to be completed next week, while the construction of a permanent pumping station is targeted to begin within the year or early next year.

“These are the strategies we are employing. This is only one of many projects being implemented around Metro Manila and across the country to improve flood control,” Marcos said.

Joining the inspection was Public Works and Highways Secretary Vince Dizon, who noted that residents had already started experiencing improvements during recent heavy rains.

“During the last rainfall over the weekend, we already saw some alleviation and improvement. But we should not stop there. We need to continue and finish this before June,” Dizon said, citing the President’s directive to complete the project before the peak of the rainy season.

Launched in November 2025, “Oplan Kontra Baha” includes drainage rehabilitation, pumping station upgrades, and clearing operations in waterways aimed at reducing flooding in Metro Manila and other flood-prone areas nationwide.

As part of the inspection, Marcos observed the installation of large high-density polyethylene (HDPE) pipes designed to channel rainwater from G. Araneta Avenue toward the San Juan River. The project also includes upgraded drainage inlets and improved outfall structures to speed up water flow during heavy downpours.

The President likewise checked the operation of a temporary pumping unit currently being used to help drain floodwaters into the river.

The G. Araneta Drainage Improvement Project stretches 758 meters from Kaliraya Street to E. Rodriguez Sr. Avenue and involves the installation of two 1.50-meter-diameter HDPE pipes beneath the roadway to supplement the existing drainage system.

Funded with nearly P500 million under the 2024 General Appropriations Act, the project began in March 2025 and was already 96.75-percent complete as of May 18. Authorities expect full completion within the month.

Before leaving the area, Marcos also spoke with residents and assured them that the government would continue implementing flood control interventions to address long-standing flooding problems in the community.

Facebook
X
LinkedIn
Reddit
PrevPreviousDND Stands Firm on WPS Construction Despite China Protest
NextRaid on Tony Yang-Linked Facility Triggers PHIVIDEC InvestigationNext

Leave a ReplyCancel Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Nation

Makabayan Solons Demand Answers Over Bato’s Exit From Senate

  • Esther Salem
  • May 14, 2026

Progressive lawmakers on Thursday demanded...

Nation

Palace Seeks Urgent Passage of UPLIFT Bill to Tap Budget Savings Amid Energy Crisis

  • Jade Reyes
  • April 28, 2026

Malacañang is seeking the immediate...

Nation

Palace Clears Air on Zaldy Co Case, Pushes His Return to Manila

  • Jade Reyes
  • April 27, 2026

Malacañang on Friday clarified remarks...

Regions

PNP-HPG Retrieves 6 Vehicles in Nationwide Anti-Carnapping Drive

  • Peter Fernandez
  • May 1, 2026

The Philippine National Police Highway...

Nation

Arenas to ASEAN Women Leaders: Turn Solidarity Into Action Amid Crises

  • Esther Salem
  • April 27, 2026

Deputy Speaker and Pangasinan Rep....

Nation

Anti-Political Dynasty Bill Clears Key House Vote

  • Esther Salem
  • May 20, 2026

The House of Representatives has...

Nation

DSWD Sets Special Payout for Grab, Move It Drivers Yet to Receive P5,000 Aid

  • Jade Reyes
  • May 10, 2026

The Department of Social Welfare...

Breaking News

Rocafort Rebuts Leviste Claim on SCPF Access, Warns Against Politicizing Barangay Captains

  • Screencap Media
  • April 26, 2026

Batangas Association of Barangay Captains...

Follow us:

Facebook Instagram X-twitter Tiktok

ABOUT

In everyday life, taking a screencap is the fastest way to share stories, proof, and receipts with friends. It is a habit, a reflex, and now, our approach to journalism.

Quick links

  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • Advertising
  • Careers
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • Advertising
  • Careers

Contact

  • Submit a News Tip
  • Member Services
  • Advertise with Us
  • Community Network
  • Submit a News Tip
  • Member Services
  • Advertise with Us
  • Community Network

© 2026, SCREENCAP ® | All rights reserved.

  • Terms and Condition
  • Privacy Policy