Skip to content
No results
Screencap Media PHScreencap Media PH
  • News
    • Nation
    • Regions
    • Metro
  • World
  • Business & Finance
  • Opinion
  • Technology
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Special Reports
    • Advocacy
    • Features
    • Health & Wellness
Get Started

DATE
TIME
CITY Detecting...
WEATHER --
USD ₱-- EUR €-- JPY ¥-- BTC $--

Screencap Media PHScreencap Media PH
  • News
    • Nation
    • Metro
    • Regions
    • World
  • Business & Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Technology
    • Innovation
  • Breaking News
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
    • Culture
    • Health & Wellness
    • Travel
    • Motoring
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Receipts Don’t Lie
  • Special Reports
  • VIDEOS
Screencap Media PHScreencap Media PHScreencap Media PH

Palace Backs Ombudsman on Bato Exit

  • Jade Reyes
  • Nation
  • May 18, 2026
  • No Comments

Malacañang on Monday backed statements made by Ombudsman Crispin Remulla regarding Senator Ronald Dela Rosa, saying recent events surrounding his departure from Senate protective custody highlight the importance of accountability and respect for the law.

Palace Press Officer Claire Castro cited the Ombudsman’s position that Dela Rosa is now being treated as a fugitive after leaving the Senate despite being under protective custody.

“Kitang-kita po natin kung ano mismo ang binanggit ng OSG — nabanggit na sa ngayon ay itinuturing na isang pugante itong si Senator Bato dela Rosa,” Castro said during a Palace briefing.

She said the controversy should also encourage the public to be more discerning about issues involving law enforcement and public officials.

“So, napakalaking mensahe po ito na ang ibig sabihin tayo pong lahat ay dapat maging mapanuri kung ano dapat ang ipatupad na batas at kung sino ba dapat din ang makita natin na nagtu-tolerate sa paggawa nang hindi maganda, paggawa nang labag sa batas,” Castro added.

Remulla earlier criticized Dela Rosa for leaving the Senate, saying “flight is an indication of guilt” and that the senator should face the allegations against him instead of avoiding the process.

Dela Rosa is facing an arrest warrant issued by the International Criminal Court (ICC) over his alleged role in the Duterte administration’s anti-drug campaign when he served as chief of the Philippine National Police (PNP).

Castro also questioned the alleged involvement of Senator Robin Padilla in Dela Rosa’s departure from the Senate.

Padilla was reportedly with Dela Rosa when the latter left the Senate premises.

The Palace official noted that Padilla had previously urged former senator Antonio Trillanes IV to surrender to authorities in 2018 over a rebellion case, and asked why the senator had remained silent on Dela Rosa’s situation.

Castro said investigations into Dela Rosa’s departure are ongoing and that those responsible should be held accountable if any violations were committed.

“Kung sino ang dapat na managot dito, kung mayroong mga pagkukulang at may lumabag sa batas, mayroong nagtatakas or nagpapatakas ay dapat lang din po tayong mga Pilipino ay maging mapanuri sa mga nagiging aksiyon ng ating mga public servants,” she said.

She also revealed that President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. appeared disappointed over the recent developments involving the Senate and Dela Rosa’s departure.

According to Castro, the President raised questions about the incident during a Cabinet meeting last week.

“Sa huling pangyayari patungkol doon sa diumano na pagtakas at pagkawala kahit na may protective custody ang Senado, nakakadismaya naman talaga,” she said.

Facebook
X
LinkedIn
Reddit
PrevPreviousProposed Law Bans ‘Acting’ Cabinet Posts
NextHouse Panel OKs Increase in Teachers’ Day IncentiveNext

Leave a ReplyCancel Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Nation

CIDG Seizes P420K in Diesel, Equipment in Bulacan Fuel Bust

  • Peter Fernandez
  • May 15, 2026

Police seized more than P420,000...

Nation

Romualdez Camp: Mabanta Case About Extortion, Not Press Freedom

  • Esther Salem
  • May 7, 2026

The camp of Leyte First...

Nation

Prosecutor: AMLC Report Showing P6.7B in Transactions Is Strongest Evidence Against VP Duterte

  • Esther Salem
  • May 16, 2026

A House prosecutor said the...

Regions

CIDG Raids Bulacan Warehouse, Intercepts P3.8M Unregistered Pet Food Products

  • Peter Fernandez
  • May 12, 2026

The Criminal Investigation and Detection...

Nation

Suspended Senators Barred From Voting in Duterte Impeachment Trial, House Prosecutor Says

  • Esther Salem
  • May 17, 2026

A suspended senator cannot take...

Nation

Army Open to CHR Probe into Negros Clash as 19 NPA Deaths Disputed

  • Peter Fernandez
  • April 26, 2026

The Philippine Army said it...

Nation

Sotto Calls Senate Caucus to Map Out Possible VP Duterte Impeachment Timeline

  • Joseph Tan
  • April 30, 2026

Senate President Vicente Sotto III...

Nation

PH Navy Officer Earns Top Academic Honors in UK Naval Training

  • Peter Fernandez
  • May 15, 2026

Philippine Navy and the British...

Follow us:

Facebook Instagram X-twitter Tiktok

ABOUT

In everyday life, taking a screencap is the fastest way to share stories, proof, and receipts with friends. It is a habit, a reflex, and now, our approach to journalism.

Quick links

  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • Advertising
  • Careers
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • Advertising
  • Careers

Contact

  • Submit a News Tip
  • Member Services
  • Advertise with Us
  • Community Network
  • Submit a News Tip
  • Member Services
  • Advertise with Us
  • Community Network

© 2026, SCREENCAP ® | All rights reserved.

  • Terms and Condition
  • Privacy Policy