Ombudsman Jesus Crispin Remulla said the Senate allegedly refused to receive a subpoena issued by his office seeking CCTV footage and other records related to the recent incident inside Senate premises.
Speaking on the DZRH program Executive Session on Saturday, Remulla said process servers encountered difficulties serving the subpoena despite prior notice already being given to the Senate.
“Nagkakaproblema ‘yung aming process server, ayaw tanggapin sa Senate, pero may notice na,” Remulla said.
The subpoena forms part of the Ombudsman’s investigation into the shooting incident and related events inside Senate premises earlier this week involving Senator Ronald dela Rosa.
The issue drew public attention after questions emerged over dela Rosa’s reported departure from Senate premises despite earlier statements that he was under Senate protection and security monitoring.
Remulla earlier disclosed that his office would seek Senate CCTV footage and other records as part of the investigation.
“Sinabi nga ni Sen. Allan Cayetano na dapat i-charge din si Matibag, ibig sabihin alam nila na may suspension na pero ayaw tanggapin,” Remulla added, referring to remarks involving Senate President Alan Peter Cayetano and National Bureau of Investigation Director Melvin Matibag.
Despite the alleged refusal, Remulla maintained that the subpoena should already be considered legally served.
“Basta sa akin considered served na kahit hindi tinanggap,” he said.
The incident has triggered questions over Senate security procedures and the handling of dela Rosa’s supposed protective custody inside the Senate compound.
Earlier, the Ombudsman placed Senate Sergeant-at-Arms Mao Aplasca under preventive suspension in connection with the incident.
