Skip to content
No results
Screencap Media PHScreencap Media PH
  • News
    • Nation
    • Regions
    • Metro
  • World
  • Business & Finance
  • Opinion
  • Technology
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Special Reports
    • Advocacy
    • Features
    • Health & Wellness
Get Started

DATE
TIME
CITY Detecting...
WEATHER --
USD ₱-- EUR €-- JPY ¥-- BTC $--

Screencap Media PHScreencap Media PH
  • News
    • Nation
    • Metro
    • Regions
    • World
  • Business & Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Technology
    • Innovation
  • Breaking News
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
    • Culture
    • Health & Wellness
    • Travel
    • Motoring
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Receipts Don’t Lie
  • Special Reports
  • VIDEOS
Screencap Media PHScreencap Media PHScreencap Media PH

CIDG Files New Case Against ‘Francis Leo Marcos,’ Nine Others

  • Peter Fernandez
  • Nation
  • May 19, 2026
  • No Comments

The National Police Commission (NAPOLCOM) on Tuesday welcomed the filing of additional criminal charges against Norman Mangusin, also known as “Francis Leo Marcos,” and nine others over alleged violations of the country’s private security laws.

The new complaint was filed by the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) before the Office of the City Prosecutor in Quezon City on May 19.

Authorities said the charges involve the alleged unauthorized practice of private security without a valid License to Exercise Security Profession under the Private Security Services Industry Act.

Included in the complaint were Mangusin, Edmund Soner Sarana, and eight other respondents allegedly linked to unauthorized security operations.

The case stemmed from an ongoing investigation conducted by the CIDG in coordination with the Philippine National Police (PNP) Supervisory Office for Security and Investigation Agencies (SOSIA) following earlier findings involving alleged illegal security activities associated with Mangusin.

Before the latest complaint, the NAPOLCOM had already coordinated with CIDG regarding allegations involving Mangusin’s unauthorized use of police uniforms, alleged use of multiple identities and identification documents, and reports concerning unauthorized security personnel.

Mangusin was previously presented by authorities following his arrest over 12 counts of cyber-related unjust vexation under the Cybercrime Prevention Act of 2012.

NAPOLCOM Commissioner Ralph Calinisan said the filing of additional charges reflects the government’s continuing effort to protect institutional integrity and enforce accountability.

“Hindi maaaring gamitin o abusuhin ang pangalan, uniporme, at sistema ng pamahalaan para manlinlang ng publiko,” Calinisan said.

He added that government agencies would continue coordinating to ensure the proper investigation and prosecution of all related offenses.

The NAPOLCOM also reiterated its commitment to work closely with the CIDG, SOSIA, and other agencies in pursuing violations involving illegal security operations and misuse of government authority.

Facebook
X
LinkedIn
Reddit
PrevPreviousEx-Barangay Official, Two LGU Workers Nabbed in Drug Den Raid
NextPNP Seizes P21.7-M Illegal Cigarettes in Gensan, Tarlac RaidsNext

Leave a ReplyCancel Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Breaking News

Remulla to Bato: Face ICC Allegations, Don’t Run From the Law

  • Mervin Reyes
  • May 15, 2026

Ombudsman Jesus Crispin Remulla on...

Nation

Delivery rider arrested in Taguig buy-bust, P342K shabu seized

  • April 19, 2026

A delivery rider was arrested...

Nation

Crackdown Intensifies on Police Personnel Linked to Illegal Activities

  • Peter Fernandez
  • April 28, 2026

The Philippine National Police (PNP)...

Metro

DOTr Secures P3.6B Loan to Maintain LRT-1 Services

  • Arwen Gutierrez
  • May 19, 2026

The Department of Transportation (DOTr)...

Nation

DOH Monitors Hantavirus Threat, Says No PH Cases Recorded

  • Carlo Suerte Felipe
  • May 12, 2026

The Department of Health (DOH)...

Nation

Transparency, Safeguards Urged for Returned P60B PhilHealth Funds

  • Esther Salem
  • May 8, 2026

Calls for stronger transparency measures...

Nation

Palace Hits ‘Speculation,’ Urges Evidence-Based Claims on Impeachment Issue

  • Jade Reyes
  • May 10, 2026

Malacañang on Sunday called for...

Nation

Threat of Job-Loss Warning May Undermine Dialogue, DFA Says

  • February 17, 2026

  The Department of Foreign...

Follow us:

Facebook Instagram X-twitter Tiktok

ABOUT

In everyday life, taking a screencap is the fastest way to share stories, proof, and receipts with friends. It is a habit, a reflex, and now, our approach to journalism.

Quick links

  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • Advertising
  • Careers
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • Advertising
  • Careers

Contact

  • Submit a News Tip
  • Member Services
  • Advertise with Us
  • Community Network
  • Submit a News Tip
  • Member Services
  • Advertise with Us
  • Community Network

© 2026, SCREENCAP ® | All rights reserved.

  • Terms and Condition
  • Privacy Policy